Thursday, October 23, 2008

Spaghetti Squash Casserole (with a side of humble pie)

I've been really bad about posting here, and I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll try to post a few new meals here over the weekend to do so. My apologies! If you've been losing sleep wondering what the Tigs are eating, or if we're eating at all, worry not. I'm seven months pregnant, remember? No chance I'm not eating.

So, sometime last week I made Spaghetti Squash Casserole. I got the recipe from a cookbook I've had for years, but it's pretty similar to this one, with the addition of a can of diced tomatoes. It's a very easy recipe, made even easier by the fact that I didn't saute the veggies, just chopped them and mixed them in with the squash. Cheater! I didn't feel like washing another pan, okay? It turned out fine, although the onions were a little crunchier than they would have been had I precooked them.

Results:
Me: Yum. Great especially with the multi-grain baguette I served it with.
Jeff: He's a fan, too.
Charlotte: Ate the mushrooms, panned the rest. I quote: "I don't LIKE spaghetti squash. I think it is yucky."

Verdict:
A mixed bag.

1 comment:

JSK said...

This sounds awesome. The Kankes will be giving it a try. We made a Spaghetti Squash with an orange gremolata the other day and it was awesome! (It was vegetarian times, but doesn't seem to be up on their website yet).