Sunday, September 6, 2009

Two great recipe links

I'm back! And I'll try to make the posting a bit more regular, but no guarantees. I've been cooking a bit, but nothing I've really come up with myself, so I feel bad writing about it and "taking credit" for it.

But the least I can do is provide you with links to some of the fantastic things I've found online.

The first is this amazing steak and sauce recipe from The Pioneer Woman. This is unbelievably rich and delicious. I made this Friday night to celebrate wrapping up a particularly stressful/busy/exciting week. I made two small modifications: instead of using ribeyes, I used KC strips, as they were on sale at my grocery store. And I added about 8 oz. of a baby arugula/spinach bag to the sauce right before I added the blue cheese (I wanted to feel like this recipe was offering something healthy...so, greens!) It was delicious!

The second link is also something we had Friday night, and every night since! It's a fabulous pound cake from Smitten Kitchen. Now, I used her basic recipe, but I took a couple of her suggestions and added lemon and white chocolate, and people, this cake IS AMAZING. All I did was add the zest of two lemons (I mixed this in with the sugar so it'd impart its flavor into the sugar and be a bit offset by the sweetness), the juice of one lemon, and the chopped segments of the other. The segments sort of evaporate while the cake bakes, leaving you with tangy little lemony pockets of deliciousness. The white chocolate was just chopped baking chocolate, about 1/3 cup, stirred in at the end. I chopped it pretty finely, but I think you could use white chocolate chips and get the same effect.

I have been working this summer on perfecting my whole wheat pizza crust recipe, and I plan to post that sometime this week.

No comments: